Effective immediately the public window at the Police Records Department will be closed until further notice. However, while our public window is closed, our employees are still working to process firearm transfers and on-time CPL renewals, which can be done by mail. Directions can be found below.

The Spokane Police Department is accepting applications by mail for on time renewals of Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPL) that were originally issued in the City of Spokane. We will not be able to accept any new, late renewals past 90 days, or any renewals of Concealed Pistol licenses that originated from another jurisdiction. Along with your legible CPL application, we will also need a clear copy of your driver's license that has a current address, and a check or money order made payable to: City of Spokane. When your renewed CPL is approved, it will be mailed to you.

License Type Cost
Renewal CPL (You may renew up to 90 days prior to expiration) $32
Expired CPL (You may renew up to 90 days after expiration for a $10 late fee) $42
Replacement CPL $10

Mail all items to:
Spokane Police Records
Attn: Gun Desk
1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99260

The Spokane Police Department (SPD) and the Spokane County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) Records Division is managed in accordance with Departmental rules regulations, policies/procedures, as well as the Division's standard operating procedures to:

  • Collect, process and protect all records filed within this Division
  • Maintain accurate and complete record of reported information
  • Increase public confidence with the Spokane Police Department and Sheriff's Office by providing access to our records in a timely manner, as authorized by law
  • Promote the efficiency and effectiveness of the criminal justice system through improved coordination and cooperation from this Division

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Office of the City Clerk and the Police Records Unit are temporarily closed to the public; and, therefore, we are unable to conduct in-person PRA business at this time. To request City of Spokane (general records and police records), please utilize the City of Spokane online Public Records portal (GovQA). It is preferred that requests be made through the online portal. In the alternative, requests for records can be emailed to or sent via U.S. mail to Office of the City Clerk, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd., Spokane, WA 99201-3342.

Note: The Governor’s Proclamation pertaining to the Public Records Act temporarily suspends the requirement for agencies to respond within five business days to public records requests. Due to evolving events surrounding the Coronavirus situation, we may be unable to provide requestors an initial response within five business days.

Please see the City’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page to learn more about current closures and news.

To request a Spokane Police Incident/Case Report, please visit the Public Records Request Center by clicking the button below. You may also submit a request in person during regular business hours.

Spokane Valley Police or Spokane County Sheriff's reports can be requested through the County's online portal

A Records Specialist will respond to your request within 5 business days. In some cases, a requestor may be asked to provide photo ID. This is to comply with laws regarding the release of restricted information.

Public records requests are subject to the City of Spokane's fee schedule. Effective February 1, 2020, bodycam requests will be subject to a $0.39/minute redaction fee in accordance with RCW 42.56.240(14).

Hours of operation are:
Tuesdays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
*Concealed Pistol and Firearms Dealer License applications must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. to accommodate additional time for processing.
CLOSED on Mondays.

When mailing in your request, please use the following address:

1100 W. Mallon Ave.
Spokane, WA 99260

The Public Records Officer does not monitor social media sites or voicemail for public records requests.

For questions, please review our SPD Records Division Administrative Procedure (PDF 434 KB)

Other Resources

To request a collision report, please visit The Washington State Patrol Requests for Electronic Collision Records (WRECR) system and it will allow you to search for a collision report from a computer station with internet access and an e-mail account.

To report a collision, please visit The Washington State Patrol Online Motor Collision Reporting (OMVCR) system which allows citizens involved in a collision to complete and submit a collision report.

Request for Expungement Application (PDF 350 KB)

Crime Statistics

Requests for Digital Media for Spokane County Incidents

Contact Police

Items of Interest

Abandoned Vehicles
All abandoned vehicle reports and Junk Vehicle Verification Affidavits (Hulk Slips) are handled by My Spokane. For questions, call 311, or for outside city limits, 509.755.CITY (2489) or visit the My Spokane customer service office on the first floor of City Hall, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd. More information about abandoned vehicle