Residential Building Review
Planning & Development reviews new construction, additions, interior remodeling, fencing and demolition of single-family, duplex family houses and/or accessory buildings.
Before submitting an application:
- Many projects require a permit before you begin work. Learn when you need a permit.
- Demolitions - All demolition applications whether they are partial demolitions or total demolitions are reviewed by Planning & Development staff. The Historic Preservation Office reviews applications for structures that are 50-years or older AND one of the following criteria: located within the downtown boundary map area, located in a National Register Historic District, or listed on the Spokane Register of Historic Places. Learn more about Demolition Permits (PDF 381 KB)
- Separate permits are required for plumbing, mechanical (air conditioning and heating), and electrical work. Online permitting is available for licensed contractors.
- After a building permit is issued, inspections must be performed. Learn about the inspection process.
- Incomplete applications may not be accepted. All necessary forms and documents must be submitted with the application